Care1st Gila Bend Resource Center
The Care1st Gila Bend Resource Center is made possible by the innovative public and private partnership between Care1st Health Plan Arizona, First Things First and the Town of Gila Bend. The Town of Gila Bend provided the building facility (formerly a sheriff's office) while Care1st and First Things First provided funding for renovations and operations for the center. Gila Bend is responsible for recruiting participating non-profit agencies, coordinating their services and evaluating the outcomes. The non-profits are provided space in the center at no cost in exchange for providing the much needed services in the Gila Bend area. All programs and services that are listed are available to residents without cost. Please contact the center at 928-683-6502 to request additional information about services that are available.
Southwestern Pima County Residents
Route 685 links to the Care1st Gila Bend Resource Center and staff is prepared to assist Southwestern Pima County residents.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
- Helping Families in Need AZ: Provides assistance with renewals and applications for AHCCCS health care, food stamps, and cash assistance. Call for an appointment.
- Arizonans for the Protection of Sexually Exploited Children and Adults (APECA): A representative from APECA is available at the center every week. APECA strives to promote community awareness related to sexual exploitation, self-injury and sexual abuse.
- Readiness Basket: Offers parenting classes covering a wide range of topics for families with children 0-5 years old.
- Maricopa County Workforce Connections: The center is a designated Access Point and offers employment services for job seekers including resume assistance and current job listings. Referral services are also available for veterans and their families.
- Southwest Behavioral Health: Behavioral counseling services.
- Civitan Foundation: Provides developmentally disabled children and adults supportive services.
- Community Legal Services: Legal assistance at no cost (civil cases only).
- JAG: Services focusing on youth workforce development and drop-out prevention for youth from 14-18 years old.